Whatbird Community

The "Other" things you see when Birding

1 hour ago, Birding Boy said:

Getting out of the truck at a lake about a month ago, I saw this Raccoon walking down a small suburban street. Hope the little dude is ok, I typically don't see them out and about in the day and he had some unkempt fur. (Yup, I kept my distance)DSC_9915.thumb.JPG.b09d1f1b7fc3a9d1faab30f69d77d17d.JPGDSC_9917.thumb.JPG.25e41e1e859fc84e6754142505844593.JPG

My brother & his dog were attacked by a rabid racoon so I stat FAR AWAY whenever I see them.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 12:06 PM, Trevor L. said:

I do not mean to be rude at all, but are you certain that's a Tassel-eared? I've seen normal Eastern Grays that look this dark.

Yeah, there’s a ton of black morph Eastern Gray Squirrels where I live, this guy looks identical to them. 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2021 at 11:06 AM, Trevor L. said:

I do not mean to be rude at all, but are you certain that's a Tassel-eared? I've seen normal Eastern Grays that look this dark.

I didn't think Eastern Grays were in the CO Springs area. Could be wrong though.

On 11/6/2021 at 2:38 PM, Clip said:

Where's the Tasseled ears? 

They only have the tassels in the wintertime.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seanbirds said:

I didn't think Eastern Grays were in the CO Springs area. Could be wrong though.

They only have the tassels in the wintertime.

On 11/6/2021 at 3:59 PM, Birding Boy said:

Yeah, there’s a ton of black morph Eastern Gray Squirrels where I live, this guy looks identical to them. 

This is why I’m a birder, not a mammaler ?

• Haha 5