Whatbird Community

6 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Just to get it officially on the record, that's something behind the bird's head, not part of the bird itself.

I don't think so.  Those are feathers and they're the same color as a Chipping Sparrow's crown.

54 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

If you say so.

Well, when a bird has both eyes on the same side of its face, as this one seems to have, it's hairdo is the least of my worries. This looks like something out of the Foxtrot comic strip. I have no idea where this bird is looking.

12 hours ago, HamRHead said:

Well, when a bird has both eyes on the same side of its face, as this one seems to have, it's hairdo is the least of my worries. This looks like something out of the Foxtrot comic strip. I have no idea where this bird is looking.

I'd say I thought that right 'eye' is a piece of material hanging in front of his bill, but I've already misread this bird once.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I'd say I thought that right 'eye' is a piece of material hanging in front of his bill, but I've already misread this bird once.

49 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The second 'eye' is a dead leaf, and the 'hair' is it's crown.

Okay, so not a rare Clover-crowned Flounderbird?

• Haha 1