Whatbird Community

Posted (edited)

I'm having difficulty hearing it too. It's on my RecForg account. It sounds good on RecForg, faint but clear.

Edited by Egret

The file you uploaded here does not appear to be a .wav.  Can you try again?  You can just drag the file directly into your post.

Just change the file extension to .wav -  currently the file's name is just _0200802.102030. The corrected file is attached below.

As far as what it is, I'm not sure I can help in that department. I don't think it's a Junco or Hermit Warbler though.

_0200802.102030.wav

• Thanks 1

Could it be a squirrel?  My dog barked at it, so it made me wonder...😄

It might help to know the habitat and the height at which the call was coming from.

Ok, I was about 5 miles from the Columbia Gorge near White Salmon WA. There was a patch of old growth forest nearby, but I heard the sound a few times during a three miles hike. The area I was in had heavy growth. It had been logged maybe ten to twenty years ago. I saw several Juncos, but the sound didn't quite sound right. I see them every day in Colorado. It sounded like a Hermit Warbler ( to me), but I never saw one. 

Just now, Egret said:

Ok, I was about 5 miles from the Columbia Gorge near White Salmon WA. There was a patch of old growth forest nearby, but I heard the sound a few times during a three miles hike. The area I was in had heavy growth. It had been logged maybe ten to twenty years ago. I saw several Juncos, but the sound didn't quite sound right. I see them every day in Colorado. It sounded like a Hermit Warbler ( to me), but I never saw one. 

It’s definitely not a junco, unless your local schfuldeti juncos sound real different than our thurberi

• Like 1