Whatbird Community

Hello, I saw these couple weeks ago in a cloudy/misty meadow in Albany, NY area.  Breeding range Juveniles(?) aren't in my wheelhouse so I wanted to bounce these off the board:

(sorry for the focus)

Shots #1 & #2 I put in as Eastern Phoebe due to all-dark bill, face, no eye-ring.    However after later reading, can not also juvenile Eastern Wood Pewees show cinnamon wing-bars and *can* have all dark bills? I didn't pick up any obvious tail pumping...pretty smudgy breast , and i did hear Pewee song on-site, FWIW.  Think these are good for Phoebe?

Shots #3-5 I think I am content to leave as a Traill's flycatcher (?)- but if anyone feels strongly about I'd be interested to hear.  No voice was observed, but this environment wasn't the typical reedy type marsh where I usually find my Willows.

Thank you-

IMG_3594.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3736.JPG

IMG_3733.JPG

The first bird seems to be Eastern Phoebe, but I'm a west coast birder, so I'm not 100% certain.

The second bird looks like a Traill's. Both species breed there, so alder is a possibility. I'm not the person that can help you lean one way or the other on which species it might pertain to though.

• Like 1