Whatbird Community

I continue to be absolutely horrible with Bird calls and have another unknown sound. Doesn’t seem to match up with anything, but I swear the birds here sound different! 

The video is short, but this was the only call it was making. I would have investigated more but it was coming from behind someone’s house.

Seen in BC. I won’t get my hopes up this time that it’s something exciting... Also, a cameo from a ring billed gull

I'm not hearing anything goldfinch-like.  It reminds me of a young sparrow (White-throated?) learning to sing.  They often sing half songs and are a bit squeaky.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies (Ran our of reactions so I’ll get ya later)
White-throated I don’t think is expected here for another month or so. Been lots of chipping and song sparrows however.
It does sound kinda swallowy and though most of the swallows here have vacated, I’ve seen a couple Violet green, tree, and a NRW hanging  around. But I feel like I would have seen it flying around (unless it was perched of course). This noise seemed to becoming from one location in a tree. 

If it’s not a Lazuli and not a Goldfinch, I consider that a win! Haha

Will try to find it again tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Avery said:

I would say goldfinch again. 

I was thinking Goldfinch to...But I am not familiar with sparrows.

• Like 1

I think that may be right! Looked at a couple recordings for them from BC and seemed like a pretty good match.

Last time I saw one here was 2016.

Thanks!