Whatbird Community

Not just the bird - setting, lighting etc.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought this one I took last month was really interesting.  The backlighting, the hovering hummingbird, the different shades of green in the background...

I took this photo the last time I went to Florida, but can’t remember if I was trying to get the pelican in front of the sun or if this was just a happy accident.... I like to think it was my immense

Posted Images

These pics are not great in quality, but interesting in that they appear to show some pecking order (literally) in the raptor world.  I was at a garden center across the highway from a field, saw some activity & snapped some quick shots in succession.  At first, there were 2 (?immature) Red-Tailed Hawks on the fence with a dead Fox Squirrel; several Turkey Vultures were hanging out a few feet to either side of them.  Eventually, the vultures descended upon & chased the hawks off their prey.  Next, another Red-Tailed Hawk came on the scene and chased off the vultures.  

6K7A6234ed.thumb.jpg.f47a84e115ec5148c68c3e0950a03c5a.jpg

6K7A6240ed.thumb.jpg.d9ae46773b7ff8ea93befae0027ac8a5.jpg

6K7A6241ed.thumb.jpg.c94e637c64bd9c0d7031a077ddcca81a.jpg

Edited by floraphile
typo
  • Like 3