Whatbird Community

Lexington County, central SC, August 22nd.  The ongoing saga of what's feeding on the exposed lake bed of a farm pond recently lowered by 4 feet.  It's a shame it's only temporary or I'd nominate it as a hotspot.  As it is, it's slowly refilling.  We've already 'lost' several dozen feet of exposed sandy lake bed.

I see a rusty cap, white eye line, bill about the same length as the head, bill that's yellowish at the base and darkening toward the tip, yellow legs, streaking on the neck and breast that stops as abruptly as if it had been masked off, primaries that appear to be the same length as the tail.  All photos are the same bird.  Third photo includes a Killdeer for size comparison.

Thanks.

image.png.8f95421dbfd3d7c8ead4849bc1a7b2b4.png

image.png.9c07556b9f3b5b47a7225590a25af63c.png

image.png.cc2b635f27ce239f35817be6bf12b8ce.png

image.png.a5ffdca48677ee429778fb6dd546340f.png

Thanks, y'all.  Better birders than I, using scopes, have seen PESP here in the last two weeks, and we thought there was one in a photo in my 'Crap Shoot' post last week.  While still long range, these were much better photos of a potential lifer, so I wanted confirmation.

• Like 1