Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Site Problems and Questions for the Moderators


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

How do I accumulate warning points?  I notice I'm tied with the other members I checked, and I want to build my 'Bad Boy' reputation.

Seriously, is this just a site feature we don't use?

image.png.427861f507efdaa84cc69f57439a34cb.png

Moderators can assign warning points if you are a bad boy! I'm pretty sure they aren't visible to other users. If you like I can give you some so you can see how it works (they can be removed later).

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Aveschapines said:

Moderators can assign warning points if you are a bad boy! I'm pretty sure they aren't visible to other users. If you like I can give you some so you can see how it works (they can be removed later).

Nah.  As a network admin, I'm mostly just wondering how they work.  Am I temporarily suspended if I get a certain number, and maybe barred for life if I get too many?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Nah.  As a network admin, I'm mostly just wondering how they work.  Am I temporarily suspended if I get a certain number, and maybe barred for life if I get too many?

You get a message from the moderator explaining the reason for the points. They can be set as permanent or to expire after a time specified by the moderator, or as I said the moderators can remove them. Other consequences are separate - post moderation, banned from posting, and blocked from the site - and are decided on a case-by-case basis. 

I did check and your warning points are not displayed to other users;  only you and the mods/admins can see them.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to put out a reminder for everyone, that from time to time there will be a comment that may seem rude, or unnecessary, and that is part of why me and @Aveschapines are here. Not just to take care of spammers, but when needed, unruly members too. so the reason why I am making this post, is because when such objectionable posts come up, sometimes members feel they need to call it out, which in not Y'all's job. Don't call someone out, attacking their post. The correct thing to do is to alert me and @Aveschapines, any correction that may be need, we will do, and it will probably be taken better from us as well. As how to alert us, there is two ways to do that, there the "Report" option, which can be found in the right hand corner above someone's post, or you can send us a private message, which can be found by clicking the letter symbol and then "Compose New".

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another site question.  I long ago filled out the 'About Me' portion of my profile.  I recently noticed I can't find a way to access that portion of other members' profiles.  Is there a button I'm missing to see other people's 'About Me', or is filling out an exercise in self-fulfillment?

As always, thanks.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Another site question.  I long ago filled out the 'About Me' portion of my profile.  I recently noticed I can't find a way to access that portion of other members' profiles.  Is there a button I'm missing to see other people's 'About Me', or is filling out an exercise in self-fulfillment?

As always, thanks.

I'm wondering about this too. I filled mine out a couple days ago, and likewise can't see anyone else's.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Another site question.  I long ago filled out the 'About Me' portion of my profile.  I recently noticed I can't find a way to access that portion of other members' profiles.  Is there a button I'm missing to see other people's 'About Me', or is filling out an exercise in self-fulfillment?

As always, thanks.

I can see your birthday and city - that's all 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Another site question.  I long ago filled out the 'About Me' portion of my profile.  I recently noticed I can't find a way to access that portion of other members' profiles.  Is there a button I'm missing to see other people's 'About Me', or is filling out an exercise in self-fulfillment?

As always, thanks.

I am afraid you are not the only person who is having that problem. We just recently have someone contact us about the exact same thing. Thought it was just a problem on their end though. Before I was made mod, the about me profiles where still public, but about that time we had an update, and I would guess it changed then. I don't know what the point of still letting people fill them out is though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I am afraid you are not the only person who is having that problem. We just recently have someone contact us about the exact same thing. Thought it was just a problem on their end though. Before I was made mod, the about me profiles where still public, but about that time we had an update, and I would guess it changed then. I don't know what the point of still letting people fill them out is though. 

Ah, the same update that lifted the limit on number of 'Likes' in a day, and made it possible to click a discussion title and go to the first post you hadn't read (instead of having to click the dot / star).

Life is full of trade-offs.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just flagging the conversation happening in Liam's Weekly Quiz: he deleted his private messages, so now if we respond to a message thread on our end it both neither arrives nor gives a warning that it won't be seen. It seems odd that a message won't be delivered if the thread has been deleted by one participant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, PaulK said:

Just flagging the conversation happening in Liam's Weekly Quiz: he deleted his private messages, so now if we respond to a message thread on our end it both neither arrives nor gives a warning that it won't be seen. It seems odd that a message won't be delivered if the thread has been deleted by one participant.

Does it still show Liam as a participant in the conversation after he deletes the thread? The private messages basically work like forum threads but only for a liminted number of people. It makes sense to me that if one person deletes the thread they won't get messages anymore. 

If you'd like to experiment with me send me a message, I'll answer, then you can delete it from your inbox and I'll see what happens.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...