Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Site Problems and Questions for the Moderators


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

FYI, in the message you put on the main page, you made a typo, "We are exited to welcome you" it should be "excited".

Oh man, I was so confused, I couldn't figure out what y'all were talking about. I forgot I did that. When I did it, I was just playing around to see what all I could do, any way I didn't intend to leave it up there, I just wanted to see what it would look like, but I guess I didn't get it deleted. 

23 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

It also says, "...has some great info telling you what all information we need!"

Now I understand I am from the south, and that my English is horrifying, but what is wrong with that sentence? 

Also, since it is up there should I leave it? I don't care one way or the other, I never see it. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Now I understand I am from the south, and that my English is horrifying, but what is wrong with that sentence? 

It should read either "telling you what information we need" or "telling you all the information we need."  "What all information" doesn't make sense to me.

I think it's good to have a banner that directs the newcomers to the right places.  Although, right now it goes away once you sign in.

Edited by The Bird Nuts
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, "what all" was perfectly clear to me, but since some of you were confused I'm guessing it's not universally used (I grew up in Maryland). But since it's not clear to everyone, it makes sense to change it. 

And while this is a case when it's OK to offer corrections for typos and grammar, we still need to be polite, and remember that we aren't going to be correcting each other in the forums. (Just a gentle reminder not to go wild...)

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

I think it's good to have a banner that directs the newcomers to the right places.  Although, right now it goes away once you sign in.

I like it too, and we COULD add another announcement at the top of the page, but I feel like that gets annoying real fast, and I think the two we already have are important! Another option would be a pinned post, probably in the NA ID sub-forum since that's where everyone goes first, but too many of those can be a nuisance too.

What does everyone think?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aveschapines said:

I like it too, and we COULD add another announcement at the top of the page, but I feel like that gets annoying real fast, and I think the two we already have are important! Another option would be a pinned post, probably in the NA ID sub-forum since that's where everyone goes first, but too many of those can be a nuisance too.

What does everyone think?

I feel like pinned posts as well as announcements would get overlooked; I tend to not notice them.  I noticed Kevin's intro banner thing right away.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Bird Nuts said:

I feel like pinned posts as well as announcements would get overlooked; I tend to not notice them.  I noticed Kevin's intro banner thing right away.

Well, I don't see a way to keep it visible after signing in except as an announcement or pinned thread! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

I feel like pinned posts as well as announcements would get overlooked; I tend to not notice them.  I noticed Kevin's intro banner thing right away.

Forgot to say I didn't notice Kevin's banner thing because I never sign out LOL! He told me how to find it so I looked at it on my phone to see it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

It should read either "telling you what information we need" or "telling you all the information we need."  "What all information" doesn't make sense to me.

Okay I changed it to "telling you what information we need" Hopefully that takes care of any regional differences. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what little it's worth, from here up north I know it's a regionalism but couldn't begin to tell you when it is and isn't grammatical. So if I saw it I could read it fine but I couldn't possibly use it.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PaulK said:

For what little it's worth, from here up north I know it's a regionalism but couldn't begin to tell you when it is and isn't grammatical. So if I saw it I could read it fine but I couldn't possibly use it.

Language is such fun! I definitely use it, but I heard it all the time growing up so that makes it easier!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SirVive said:

We're just all stalking you, nothing to worry about. 

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean y'all aren't really out to get me.

8 hours ago, Aveschapines said:

Oops! I thought I was just adding it for me! (Experimenting with the features.) I can take it away... 

Take it, leave it; it doesn't matter to me.  The same information is available by clicking 'Online Users' at the top.  I was mostly interested in how long I'd been overlooking it.  It sounds like it wasn't long.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is anyone else having trouble uploading photos. I had trouble for a few days but was eventually able to get photos to upload. Then things were okay for a week or so and now I'm having trouble again. I 'm getting this error message:

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.
(Error code: -200)
  •  
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Clip said:

Is anyone else having trouble uploading photos. I had trouble for a few days but was eventually able to get photos to upload. Then things were okay for a week or so and now I'm having trouble again. I 'm getting this error message:

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.
(Error code: -200)
  •  

As far as I can tell people have continued to post photos with no problems, so I'm guessing no? But if anyone else has had this problem please let us know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aveschapines said:

As far as I can tell people have continued to post photos with no problems, so I'm guessing no? But if anyone else has had this problem please let us know.

Any ideas why I may be having this problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a problem early today (about 7.00 Eastern) trying to post the GWTE photo, tried different methods but it hung up for ages, eventually succeeded. Never experienced this before.

Edited by RobinHood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...