Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Site Problems and Questions for the Moderators


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Bird Brain said:

I'm having problems getting to most of the site, since 2 days ago (Sat). I can't get to the Forums page, or the Home Page. Anyone else having this problem, @aveschapinas  @Kevin?

I've seen a few other members mention having recent problems in the General Birding forum under the thread titled, 'Whatbird not working?'. It sounds like the timing of their problems falls in line with your problems.

As for the "Home Page" that you can't access, 'whatbird.com' is still under maintenance but 'forums.whatbird.com' is supposed to be working normally. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

I've seen a few other members mention having recent problems in the General Birding forum under the thread titled, 'Whatbird not working?'. It sounds like the timing of their problems falls in line with your problems.

As for the "Home Page" that you can't access, 'whatbird.com' is still under maintenance but 'forums.whatbird.com' is supposed to be working normally. 

I still can't access Unread Content, but I did just manage to get on the Forums page which I haven't been able to access. I had to come in the back door, so to speak, couldn't get on by clicking on Forums the way I usually do. The shortcut I had pinned to my bar on my computer that took me directly to Forums hasn't worked since Sat. 

The way I got in this morning was by Googling Whatbird and was able to click on a link that came up for Share your Best/Favorite Photo of a Species thread. That got me in to that thread, and I've been able to access a couple of other threads so far. Just more glitches, I guess. At least I can get to some of it. Maybe it will clear up later.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lonestranger said:

I've seen a few other members mention having recent problems in the General Birding forum under the thread titled, 'Whatbird not working?'. It sounds like the timing of their problems falls in line with your problems.

As for the "Home Page" that you can't access, 'whatbird.com' is still under maintenance but 'forums.whatbird.com' is supposed to be working normally. 

 

1 hour ago, Bird Brain said:

I still can't access Unread Content, but I did just manage to get on the Forums page which I haven't been able to access. I had to come in the back door, so to speak, couldn't get on by clicking on Forums the way I usually do. The shortcut I had pinned to my bar on my computer that took me directly to Forums hasn't worked since Sat. 

The way I got in this morning was by Googling Whatbird and was able to click on a link that came up for Share your Best/Favorite Photo of a Species thread. That got me in to that thread, and I've been able to access a couple of other threads so far. Just more glitches, I guess. At least I can get to some of it. Maybe it will clear up later.

The home page that has the search engine and all that has been down for some time now, and I don't know when it will be back up. 

Whatbird forums(https://forums.whatbird.com) should be working normally. I don't know what to tell you, nothing has been changed that I'm aware of, and I haven't had any problems. 

Anybody else had a problem in the last few days?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

 

The home page that has the search engine and all that has been down for some time now, and I don't know when it will be back up. 

Whatbird forums(https://forums.whatbird.com) should be working normally. I don't know what to tell you, nothing has been changed that I'm aware of, and I haven't had any problems. 

Anybody else had a problem in the last few days?

I just clicked on the link in your post above and immediately get a "this site can't be reached" page, same as when I clicked on the shortcut I have used that quit working for me Saturday. I remember during the past couple of weeks some members were having problems getting on while others had no problems. Beats me!!!      I can navigate and get on part of Whatbird but not all of it. :classic_blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bird Brain said:

I just clicked on the link in your post above and immediately get a "this site can't be reached" page, same as when I clicked on the shortcut I have used that quit working for me Saturday. I remember during the past couple of weeks some members were having problems getting on while others had no problems. Beats me!!!      I can navigate and get on part of Whatbird but not all of it. :classic_blink:

I’ve had this problem on and off from my computer, but it works from my phone. Whatbird.com still isn’t working for me, though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, PaulK said:

@Charlie Spenceris it worth people doing that command prompt DNS refresh thing? I've seen it done to fix something that sounded similar but don't have any technical knowledge here. 

Sorry, I've had to focus on other things for several days. 

From the Start menu, type CMD.  When 'Command prompt' appears in the results, right-click it as select 'Run as Administrator'.  You may have to enter your Admin password.  When the command window opens, type

IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

and press the Enter key.  There's a space between the two words.  Note the / character.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, so I've been trying to get into more of the Whatbird site. So far all I can access is the BIRDING page, which has three topic lines... ID North American Bird, ID Bird outside NA, and Photo Sharing and Discussion. I can get onto all the threads under these topics. But if I click on anything else on these pages, such as Unread Content or Home, I get a Site not Available notice. I've tried googling Whatbird, and anything that comes up, such as Whatbird.com or Forums, I get the same Site not Available notice when I click on them. 

Another link that comes up, which I DID NOT click on, reads:

whatbird.com is almost here! Upload your website to get started.
 
Is this legit??? Do I have to upload a website to get back on Whatbird!!! @aveschapinas ?? @Kevin ??
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...