• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My checklist of the day; WORK! 

Lifer Yellow-billed Loon! https://ebird.org/checklist/S80713862

Amazing day at my patch, lots of birds moving and singing right now, which led to lots of new high counts for my patch. these were, Lincoln's sparrow, Rufous-crowned Sparrow, Spotted Towhee, Anna's hu

Posted Images

The Harris’s sparrow has been getting a lot of attention, and so far only one other person has managed to see it.

Though, today the location where I found it was created into a hotspot and everyone merged their personal locations together. I expect a few more people to come here in the next couple days.

What I like about this checklist is that I arrived at 8:52 and saw the Harris’s sparrow briefly, but someone who arrived 8 minutes later and stayed for 2 hours did not see it! That’s birding I guess, glad it was the other way around 😂

https://ebird.org/checklist/S79694970

1 hour ago, Connor Cochrane said:

You should can change your Western gull count to 80. That’s much more valuable data than a X

thanks, what does x even mean? isn't it if you are unsure of the amount?

3 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

People will probably want coordinates or directions to the bird if it isn't on private property.          

it's in my neighborhood, for that reason i don't want to give away my location like that. If it were somewhere else, I would do that.