Whatbird Community

Your checklist of the day!

Kevin

https://ebird.org/checklist/S163281744

The first checklist from the property we purchased three hours earlier.   The first bird was a Tufted Titmouse calling; the first one seen was a flyover Turkey Vulture.

When built, this will be our retirement home.  Hopefully we can be in by the end of the year.  No other houses on two sides, and a tidal marsh on the third.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 5

I'm just including one checklist today with comments at the end.

Great checklist:

The Red-Cockaded Woodpecker, Northern Bobwhite, and Chuck-will's-widow were all FOY.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S163592154

While we are here, the topic is called "Your checklist of the day!" however, I've frequently added multiple checklists with posts and nobody's complained.  When I have big birding days, do you guys want to see everything, or just the one with the most species, or otherwise the most important one?

Maybe @Kevin who is and admin and who started this thread can chime in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dragon49 said:

While we are here, the topic is called "Your checklist of the day!" however, I've frequently added multiple checklists with posts and nobody's complained.  When I have big birding days, do you guys want to see everything, or just the one with the most species, or otherwise the most important one?

Maybe @Kevin who is and admin and who started this thread can chime in.

I'm not apposed to more than one checklist, if you have multiple good ones or something you'd like to show off.

On a regular basis please just keep it to one, if you have several you'd really like to share 2-3 is okay occasionally. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dragon49 said:

As someone who only reads this thread and is otherwise not involved, I think posting everything would be overkill. I personally prefer to see the highlights of the day in one or two checklists, and would probably skip right past a post with multiple lists from a big birding day. Seeing a comment like, 'more lists to explore on eBird if your interested' would be more appealing to me than seeing all the checklists posted here. Just my two cents worth, and that's probably over pricing it's worth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great day at our newest hotspot:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S163993097

I actually started the day earlier at the same place with a separate, nocturnal checklist.  Had that list included birds that weren't also observed on this one, I'd post it as well, since I didn't take any breaks.  One of the American Woodcock audio clips on the first checklist (the shorter) one is better than the clips here, so check it out as well if you are interested.

• Like 3