Whatbird Community

Your checklist of the day!

Kevin

4 minutes ago, Jefferson Shank said:

I used to use a Canon Powershot G3X, but now I have a Canon EOS 80D with a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS I USM Lens.

Oh wow, that’s a pretty good upgrade. The powershot is a point and shoot right? Using a DSLR should up your game quite a bit!

I decided to go later to this location as usually I go at/before sunrise, and wanted scout out if I should bring my good camera tomorrow. And learned that I should have brought it today!
A huge flock of lifer snow buntings flew over, which was really unexpected. Also had very friendly downy woodpecker follow me around.
Hoping the excitement keeps up tomorrow when I bring out the big guns, but I highly doubt I’ll ever see another flock of snow buntings at this location.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S81747404

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Just the one. Palo Verde is the best spot (and very underrated) in the entire state. It's split up into individual tracts, and there were pairs dusting in 4 of them.

dusting? also, what does tally mean?

2 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Tally means count

Yeah, I didn’t know if it was something different than that. You said it for a few species on your checklists and I just wondered if it meant something specific.