Whatbird Community

Your checklist of the day!

Kevin

This is what a crazy birding day looks like for me at this time of year: 

https://ebird.org/checklist/S83506430

That’s the most species I’ve seen at once in this area all year. Also Got my FOY Robin! Just missing the HASP and tree sparrows, otherwise it would have been a clean sweep. Also got to double digits for the first time this year at the Arad Park location. 

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 2

Okay I guess I shouldn’t have posted yesterday as today was even more ~crazy~. The only expected bird I didn’t see was a raven. So close to getting to 20 species! Refound the Harris’s sparrow and got equally terrible photos of it, I definitely have given up trying to get a good photo. This will be my last checklist for the ravine until I get back next week, so I’m hoping by then enough things will have returned that I can make it over 20 species. 

Also had my 1000th complete checklist today, but that one wasn’t as exciting. This one was #999

https://ebird.org/checklist/S83559789

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DLecy said:

YBMA is a rad yard bird.

They sure are, I'm spoiled as they nest in my neighbor yard and frequent my suet feeders. During early winter they'll form flocks, and there's been days when I've had over forty walking around in my backyard. 

Just now, Aidan B said:

They sure are, I'm spoiled as they nest in my neighbor yard and frequent my suet feeders. During early winter they'll form flocks, and there's been days when I've had over forty walking around in my backyard. 

I don't know what kind of "backyard" you have but that's envious.

Just now, DLecy said:

I don't know what kind of "backyard" you have but that's envious.

It's just a half acre in the suburbs of Sac, but it's right near a river and a lake so I get lots of birds flying over.

• Like 1