Whatbird Community

Your checklist of the day!

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably the best bird I have ever found.  Bucket List bird - Self-found, Michigan Review Species, and in my home county.  This potentially great shorebird spot had normal SOSA, WISN and KILL there, a

https://ebird.org/checklist/S88783128   This list highlights one of my favorite eBird things to do: Hit poorly-visited hotspots hard. Four species on this list were new for the hotspot and it i

My checklist of the day; WORK! 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Avery said:

If it makes you feel better, you could carry bear spray while your there, and read up on what to do if you get confronted by one. 

As long as @IKLland is 14 according to state laws. It's pretty weird, whenever I'm visiting family in Montana, and throuhout the rockies, everyone has bear spray, but it's almost non-existent here in California. Be sure to learn how to use bear spray, aka Don't fire when wind is blowing in your face. It does not end up well. 

• Like 1
On 5/2/2021 at 9:38 AM, IKLland said:

I know, I’ve never been there for one reason. Mountain lions. I’ve heard that there are at least 20 in the park, and 2 people have been attacked in the past30 years. I’m terrified. Thanks anyway! 

There just big kitty cats!

• Haha 3

The one time I didn’t bird (after several weeks straight of birding the same area at the same time) because a cougar was seem in the area some.... wonderful... person came and added three new species that I’ve never seen to the area that I still haven’t seen. I don’t believe his checklist at all, but now I go out whether or not cougars or bears are around as I will never let that happen again 😤.

Always good to be cautious, but you’ll miss out on a lot of things. 

On 5/6/2021 at 4:41 PM, Aaron said:

The one time I didn’t bird (after several weeks straight of birding the same area at the same time) because a cougar was seem in the area some.... wonderful... person came and added three new species that I’ve never seen to the area that I still haven’t seen. I don’t believe his checklist at all, but now I go out whether or not cougars or bears are around as I will never let that happen again 😤.

Always good to be cautious, but you’ll miss out on a lot of things. 

YOLO