Your checklist of the day!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My checklist of the day; WORK! 

Probably the best bird I have ever found.  Bucket List bird - Self-found, Michigan Review Species, and in my home county.  This potentially great shorebird spot had normal SOSA, WISN and KILL there, a

Amazing day at my patch, lots of birds moving and singing right now, which led to lots of new high counts for my patch. these were, Lincoln's sparrow, Rufous-crowned Sparrow, Spotted Towhee, Anna's hu

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Also, do you have more photos of the 3rd purple finch.

I have a few, but their pretty much in the same posture. What do you need to see from these photos?

I had the best day I've ever had birding at this Hotspot, Lots of very good birds, And they were all being cooperative and letting me take their photos. I managed photos of every single species I saw today, which has never happened to me before. The main highlight of today was the pine siskins that appeared to be migrating, the previous county high count according to ebird was 225, I saw over 3000 today. The Hutton's Vireo and Chipping Sparrows were great as well. 

https://ebird.org/checklist/S79159994

• Like 2

I’m curious how many checklists everybody actually does in a day.

Lately, I usually only do one at sunrise for about 30-40 minutes and sometimes (about once a week) I’ll do 2 if I go somewhere else later in the day, or if I decide to bird the location next to my daily one in the same outing. 

In the Spring/Summer I’ll average about 2, and sometimes get up to 4 depending. Though it’s still usually one at sunrise, about 1-2 hours, and then another if I notice anything while outside/looking out the window.

Just curious what everyone else is doing, as it seems like quite a few people have multiple checklists to choose from on given day. I’m sure location/climate plays a big factor. 

52 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I’m curious how many checklists everybody actually does in a day.

Lately, I usually only do one at sunrise for about 30-40 minutes and sometimes (about once a week) I’ll do 2 if I go somewhere else later in the day, or if I decide to bird the location next to my daily one in the same outing. 

In the Spring/Summer I’ll average about 2, and sometimes get up to 4 depending. Though it’s still usually one at sunrise, about 1-2 hours, and then another if I notice anything while outside/looking out the window.

Just curious what everyone else is doing, as it seems like quite a few people have multiple checklists to choose from on given day. I’m sure location/climate plays a big factor. 

I will do at least one a day. Usually I try to go somewhere, like a different county, once a week, so those days it’s usually 3-5. It also depends on how many places I plan to go. I’d say my overall average is 2-3 a day, but I definitely have my fair share of just one 5 minutes checklist watching the feeders before I head to work. 

• Like 1