Whatbird Community

Your checklist of the day!

Kevin

@Kevin I agree with some things in your post, but there are some parts where I wonder if that was what you were really trying to say. You saying that "If for no other reason it helps get rid of that flabby, fat, feminine look, most all the younger generations of males have." seems to imply that a feminine look is associated with being flabby and fat, which I take issue with, as I don't think this is true in most cases. As a girl, I don't mind scratches, bruises, scabs, scars, etc. either, and have a high pain tolerance level, so does that "make a man out of" me!? Nor am I afraid of mud, insects, or have trouble entertaining myself without the Internet (yay birding!!).

I don't mean to come across as rude, so please let me know if I'm misinterpreting something.

• Like 3

@Snake Fingers, no, not calling you fat. Or anyone else. I apologize for the "flabby and fat" comment, I was rather thinking of a certain relative of mine, but it was inappropriate as a general statement. 

@Quiscalus quiscula, The easiest thing for me to do is explain....but I'll have to do that in private. 

Also, I in no way intended to insinuate that being fat, had anything with being a woman. In fact, around here, there is far more overweight men, than women. If anything, I would associated it the other way. Sorry that it came off that way, was not intended. After rereading my post, I see it did come across wrong. Another thing or two didn't come across quite(or is it quiet, never am sure)as intended, but are not so far off as to be worth explaining at 10 at night.  

• Like 2

I had posted something in two of my previous posts that broke a forum rules. I have removed it, and this is my apology for that, and that I started this whole discussion. It was not appropriate, on top of being rude. Thank you @Quiscalus quiscula for remaining reasonable, and polite, even though I wasn't necessarily doing either. 

• Like 6

I had posted something in two of my previous posts that broke a forum rules. I have removed it, and this is my apology for that, and that I started this whole discussion. It was not appropriate, on top of being rude. Thank you @Quiscalus quiscula for remaining reasonable, and polite, even though I wasn't necessarily doing either. 

@Kevin Apology accepted! 🙂

• Like 2

Having a very hard time deciding today.

Beaverdam WMA. 6 mile long run with my mother. Continuing rare Northern Parula recorded before I ran. Also pished two Sedge Wrens while running across a stream. 

https://ebird.org/checklist/S127992260

Jackson/Rhodes Feeders. My father and I spent 30 mins looking for a Baltimore Oriole.(year bird) I did find a Rufous Hummingbird though. It was a lifer for both of us!

https://ebird.org/checklist/S128015767 

• Like 2