Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Kinda cool thing


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Birding Boy said:

@The Bird Nuts Do you mind if I ask you what mic setup you're using? Your Dickcissel recording is super good, and I've been researching different options ever since my last mic met an unfortunate end. Thanks!

It's just the mic built into the Nikon D7500.  I take a video and take the audio from it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

It's just the mic built into the Nikon D7500.  I take a video and take the audio from it.

I have that same camera, will have to give that a try. I haven’t tried any video yet, does it eat up SD card space fast when doing that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, neilpa said:

I have that same camera, will have to give that a try. I haven’t tried any video yet, does it eat up SD card space fast when doing that?

The videos are large (I have a 44 second video that is 63.8 MB), but I've never run out of space and my card is only 32 GB.  I don't take that many recordings, though; only when the birds are close or when it's an uncommon bird or when I'm unsure of an ID.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

The videos are large (I have a 44 second video that is 63.8 MB)

Thanks, that's a useful frame of reference. Smaller than I expected, especially compared to a single RAW file which is in the 20-30MB range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...