Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Kinda cool thing


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Why is my GRYE photo up, I seem to be asking this a lot. It's not even in focus. I guess linking your photo to the forums helps out with ratings. 

I was wondering how you get so many ratings so fast. Your RBGU photo is great but only has one rating. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DLecy said:

I was wondering how you get so many ratings so fast. Your RBGU photo is great but only has one rating. 🤔

I did a little experiment with it. I attached it to the "in flight" topic, but didn't attach a link to the Macauly Library, and it only had one rating. By the way, your TUDU photos were great. It only stuck it's head out twice during the hour I was there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I did a little experiment with it. I attached it to the "in flight" topic, but didn't attach a link to the Macauly Library, and it only had one rating. By the way, your TUDU photos were great. It only stuck it's head out twice during the hour I was there.

Gotcha. 👍

Thanks. I got lucky with the TUDU. It was on the far shore but an off leash dog actually pushed the whole flock closer to me. Can be a tough bird to get really good looks at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DLecy said:

Thanks. I got lucky with the TUDU. It was on the far shore but an off leash dog actually pushed the whole flock closer to me. Can be a tough bird to get really good looks at.

That was what the problem was yesterday. I was there last afternoon, and a off leash dog flushed 80% of the flock over to the river.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RobinHood said:

Thanks @IKLland and @Jefferson Shank for pointing this out as I don't follow these postings.

Presumably these are photos posted in the previous 24 hours.

I have no idea how they decide between forty 4 star ratings and twenty 5 star ratings!!

PS. Cute swan photos always get more attention than they should. Your Carolina Wren is excellent Jefferson.

I'm pretty sure they have an algorithm that decides everything for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...