Whatbird Community

Kinda cool thing

1 hour ago, Jefferson Shank said:

Sorry about that @Avery!

No problem! I’m just happy it got up there at all! Take that, all you fancy shmancy DSLR users! 😂 😉

Also, the RBNU by Kyle Tansy and the BBWO by Jacob Crawford that were up a points today were both taken at the same place, and same day as me!

Edited by Avery
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jefferson Shank said:

@Birding BoyYou must have just added another photo of the Redhead to your checklist. It's starting to go up in ratings also. 

Four WhatBirders  in a row. @Jefferson Shank@blackburnian@Birding Boy@Connor Cochrane

image.png.72285945e0680d6813025d3368e639e8.png

Yeah, I realized I had not uploaded another picture of the same Redhead that I liked better, and was in better lighting. I didn't even share it anywhere and somehow it got 2 ratings withing 3 minutes… I dunno lol.

Edited by Birding Boy

3 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Awesome!  Congrats!  Cornell used my photo in All About Birds.  It's the second Herring Gull photo (nonbreeding adult American).

Thank you so much! I believe this is the only time I've ever been "featured", pretty cool. And your Herring Gull shot is great, nice job with that!

Edited by Birding Boy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

You don’t have a DSLR?!?! Your photos are so good I thought for sure you had one!

No, I’ve got a Panasonic lumix fz1000. Thanks for the compliment! It means a lot. It’s been a big upgrade from the canon coolpix a900 I had a year ago. A lot of the birds mages that aren’t in good lighting or are far away are pretty grainy though. 

Edited by Avery
  • Like 2