Whatbird Community

On 10/19/2020 at 6:50 PM, Tony Leukering said:

I'm going to just 0.14159265 agree with the above. That means the ID is pi-ed.

Since this one bubbled back to the top, I'm going to confess I don't get Tony's pun.  I could see it if we were talking about grebes, but 'pied' in this context escapes me like my dog when I leave the gate open again.

4 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Since this one bubbled back to the top, I'm going to confess I don't get Tony's pun.  I could see it if we were talking about grebes, but 'pied' in this context escapes me like my dog when I leave the gate open again.

3 plus 0.14159265 = 3.14159265, Or pi, mathematical constant for the ratio of a circles  circumference to its diameter...

45 minutes ago, pictaker said:

3 plus 0.14159265 = 3.14159265, Or pi, mathematical constant for the ratio of a circles  circumference to its diameter...

I'm familiar with the irrational number,  but I don't see how it connects to the Butter Butt.

I believe that since Sean said “thirded” to the proper ID, instead of Tony saying ‘Fourthed’, he said he would only  agree with it 0.14...% to make the ID ‘pied’

Don’t think there’s any connection to the fact that the birds a yellow-rumped, just a better/fun way of saying he also agreed with the initial ID 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1