Whatbird Community

If you have ever eaten duck at your local restaurant, this is them, although they are generally called White Pekins. Nothing more than a breed of domestic mallard. The white is preferred, as in chickens, turkeys, squab, etc as the skin is also light colored. 

Which reminds me, Thanksgiving is only a month away. Time for a butterball white turkey. 

Did you notice if they could fly. Typically Pekin ducks are too heavy to fly. These look more delicate than the Pekins I've raised. My guess would be Call Ducks. They look they same but are smaller and can fly.

7 hours ago, Kerri said:

Did you notice if they could fly. Typically Pekin ducks are too heavy to fly. These look more delicate than the Pekins I've raised. My guess would be Call Ducks. They look they same but are smaller and can fly.

Call Ducks have a lot smaller bills than these.  I agree they're more delicate-looking than the typical Pekin, but you never know what breeds these guys are mixed with.

• Like 1