Whatbird Community
MerMaeve

Whatbird's Young Birders!

1 minute ago, Melierax said:

Just a cold but a bad one...

Ugh.  You're like "its just a cold" but at the same times its like "its a bad COLD" :classic_tongue:

How do you keep Starlings out of your nest box, Mel? We have an issue with that currently.....😣🙄

5 minutes ago, MerMaeve said:

How do you keep Starlings out of your nest box, Mel? We have an issue with that currently.....😣🙄

I havent had any issues. I've had a couple entering it but I think they don't like it or something. I've heard having a lot of perches nearby can attract starlings. We just have some poplars and a russian olive but the rest is our septic mound which is just tall grass on it. There was one on our playhouse today and Mary gave it a quick dive bomb and it was gone haha!

• Like 1

Yeah, Rondeau is awesome. Just wait 'till May when I go to Point Pelee! Hundreds of warblers and over a hundred species just in the morning!

22 minutes ago, MerMaeve said:

Now there are TWO!!!

Glad you saw!! Normally they lay every two days... she took 6 days for the second one... we were a bit worried it would be an only child haha!

Screenshot_20190417-184455_YouTube.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 9:10 PM, Melierax said:

Glad you saw!! Normally they lay every two days... she took 6 days for the second one... we were a bit worried it would be an only child haha!

And now there are 3!!!!

• Like 1