Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Whatbird's Young Birders!


MerMaeve

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

By the way, @Melierax, what's with the round photo?  Are you experimenting with pinhole cameras?

Taking a picture with your phone/camera against a birding scope results in that photo. It is called digiscoping and is primarily used to take pictures of birds that are very far away/when you don’t have a long zoom camera.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

By the way, @Melierax, what's with the round photo?  Are you experimenting with pinhole cameras?

Yeah, what Trevor said. I normally crop it down so it doesnt look like Jupiter 😂 . But I actually have experimented with pinhole cameras - the idea behind them is the same as a camera and the photos do not turn out round 😋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you have 1200 notifications 😂

sorry I haven't been on, Whatbird wasn't working for me for some reason.

Update: My lifelist is now 202 after getting nemesis birds RHWO and OVEN yesterday (I also got yearbirds REVI and AMRE) and my yearlist is 129

I got them while on a tour at my patch that I actually helped guide with a top birder in my county!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sean C said:

When you have 1200 notifications 😂

sorry I haven't been on, Whatbird wasn't working for me for some reason.

Update: My lifelist is now 202 after getting nemesis birds RHWO and OVEN yesterday (I also got yearbirds REVI and AMRE) and my yearlist is 129

I got them while on a tour at my patch that I actually helped guide with a top birder in my county!

Nice! Good to see you back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh my god, i remember this site; i used to be a member here when i was like 11 or 12. I think my username was SpiritOfBc or something like that...

 

So anyways, I'm back. Things have changed. I'm not into birding that much anymore but i still do it once a week or so. I'm currently 14 and in high school. I'm into more into music than anything now, specifically Metal and Hard Rock and I'm planning to learn guitar soon. I visited Arizona and Mount Rainier Nat Park last year which was awesome. I saw lots of bird and animal lifers in both places. Idk how active I'll be here but i guess I'll stick around since I'm suspended on TheTopTens (a site that i use a lot).

 

Also, what happened here? This forum is a lot less active than i remember.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kat said:

Also, what happened here? This forum is a lot less active than i remember.

The site had a catastrophic crash in May or June of '18 and was completely down for several weeks.  The entire site had to be rebuilt, pretty much from scratch.  All previous discussions and forums were lost.  With a down time of that length, many people probably assumed the site was gone for good.  It's been a slow recovery but as far as I can tell, it's still the top independent forum (not tied to a social media platform) for ID'ing North American birds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kat said:

Oh my god, i remember this site; i used to be a member here when i was like 11 or 12. I think my username was SpiritOfBc or something like that...

 

So anyways, I'm back. Things have changed. I'm not into birding that much anymore but i still do it once a week or so. I'm currently 14 and in high school. I'm into more into music than anything now, specifically Metal and Hard Rock and I'm planning to learn guitar soon. I visited Arizona and Mount Rainier Nat Park last year which was awesome. I saw lots of bird and animal lifers in both places. Idk how active I'll be here but i guess I'll stick around since I'm suspended on TheTopTens (a site that i use a lot).

 

Also, what happened here? This forum is a lot less active than i remember.

I remember you! Welcome back 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Kat said:

Oh my god, i remember this site; i used to be a member here when i was like 11 or 12. I think my username was SpiritOfBc or something like that...

 

So anyways, I'm back. Things have changed. I'm not into birding that much anymore but i still do it once a week or so. I'm currently 14 and in high school. I'm into more into music than anything now, specifically Metal and Hard Rock and I'm planning to learn guitar soon. I visited Arizona and Mount Rainier Nat Park last year which was awesome. I saw lots of bird and animal lifers in both places. Idk how active I'll be here but i guess I'll stick around since I'm suspended on TheTopTens (a site that i use a lot).

 

Also, what happened here? This forum is a lot less active than i remember.

Welcome back!  I don't remember you but I just joined a year or two ago.  😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...