Whatbird Community

Whatbird's Young Birders!

21 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

State law for Kansas says you can get your learners at 14.

Oh dang. Waiting until you are 15 might not be a bad thing. Can't be more than a years wait at worst. In the meantime, it gives you time to study for the test. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

My brother just got his learners permit. Dad says I can’t get mine till I’m 15. ?

At least its not as complicated there as it is in Michigan, probably. First you have to take 6 hours of in person class and a written test, then another 6 hours driving with an instructor, then you get your learners permit. After you've driven with that for over 30 hours over 6 months or so, you can finally take another 6 hours of class and a written test, and after you've driven at least 60 hours you can take your final driving test. Yeeesh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Birding Boy said:

At least its not as complicated there as it is in Michigan, probably. First you have to take 6 hours of in person class and a written test, then another 6 hours driving with an instructor, then you get your learners permit. After you've driven with that for over 30 hours over 6 months or so, you can finally take another 6 hours of class and a written test, and after you've driven at least 60 hours you can take your final driving test. Yeeesh.

Wow. All my brother had to do was take the written test!

• Like 1

In VT all you have to do to get your LP is to pass a test at 15. After that you need 30 hours driving, 10 of which at night, all with a parent, Drivers Ed class, and then you need to pass the driving test after a year of having the permit. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/6/2021 at 6:41 PM, Avery said:

In VT all you have to do to get your LP is to pass a test at 15. After that you need 30 hours driving, 10 of which at night, all with a parent, Drivers Ed class, and then you need to pass the driving test after a year of having the permit. 

Same here, except there is 32 hours of online stuff.

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

I didn’t know they had a corvid vaccine!

I hear it's quite popular.  People are raven' and crow-ing about it.  Personally though, I plan to jay away from it.  One guy had a side effect and now he's obsessively scrub-ing.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Haha 12

19 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

I didn’t know they had a corvid vaccine!

You haven’t heard of the crow that attacked a baby who then realized that there was a thing as a human-crow-vid combined with some kind of long medical word that I can’t spell at the end? With like every letter of the alphabet......

?

If I don't come on in the next day or two, you may guess that I'm dead. I am SOOOOOOO tired. I have been playing (rope swing, wrestling, swimming, etc.) with three other boys, nonstop, very hard for the last seven hours. Good night, good by, I hope someone thinks of me once in awhile.

• Haha 8

51 minutes ago, Kevin said:

If I don't come on in the next day or two, you may guess that I'm dead. I am SOOOOOOO tired. I have been playing (rope swing, wrestling, swimming, etc.) with three other boys, nonstop, very hard for the last seven hours. Good night, good by, I hope someone thinks of me once in awhile.

Cousins, friends, or what? Sounds like fun! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

"Alas, poor Kevin.  I knew him, Horatio; a birder of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy."

Dibs on his life list.

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, God's Child said:

LOL How the heck do you plan on taking his life list without confirmation of death? 

Well, 

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

Good night, good by, I hope someone thinks of me once in awhile.

Close enough for me.  I wants me summa them thar Texas birds, pardner!

(Eh, most of the ones he ID'ed himself are probably wrong anyway.)

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Haha 4