Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Whatbird's Young Birders!


MerMaeve

Recommended Posts

On 8/10/2021 at 6:51 AM, Birding Boy said:

I feel this so much. Had to miss seeing a breeding family of Wilson’s Phalaropes because it was a 55 minute drive ? And there aren’t any good places within a short biking distance. How old do you have to be to start driving in Kansas?

I feel it too. Luckily, they take me a lot of places on the weekends, however. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, IKLland said:

I feel it too. Luckily, they take me a lot of places on the weekends, however. 

Yeah, that's great. For me I usually end up getting rides with other friends and birders most of the time. If you look at most of my real checklists where I'm actually out birding in California, you'll see I'm with other people.

Edited by Connor Cochrane
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Yeah, that's great. For me I usually end up getting rides with other friends and birders most of the time. If you look at most of my real checklists where I'm actually out birding in California, you'll see I'm with other people.

My younger sister comes along as well. ( my whole family likes birds, but I’m the serious one. And the only one  on EBird. )

Edited by IKLland
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, Seanbirds said:

They’re pretty rare here. ? My biggest nemesis.

I recently found a photo of a juvenile E. Screech-owl that we found. I remember seeing it but it was before I was a birder so I didn't pay attention to sp. It is a lifer for me. you should come down here like 10 years ago:)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Birding Boy said:

Well, this evening took a sour turn. Went to look for my favorite Ridgway’s  Rail recording on eBird so I could archive it, and found it was deleted. May we have three seconds of silence. Aye yo baby ridgways...salutes

I should be able to get it back. I’m friends with the people in the recording. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I should be able to get it back. I’m friends with the people in the recording. 

Haha, yeah that was definitely the funniest recording I’ve ever heard from the Macaulay. Definitely deserves a re-upload somewhere. Maybe Xeno-canto if it violates eBird policies somehow. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 7:43 AM, Birding Boy said:

Haha, yeah that was definitely the funniest recording I’ve ever heard from the Macaulay. Definitely deserves a re-upload somewhere. Maybe Xeno-canto if it violates eBird policies somehow. 

Maybe post it here so the rest of us can get in on the fun 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SirVive said:

Maybe post it here so the rest of us can get in on the fun 

Sorry, it was a funny recording in which several people were attempting to get a Ridgway’s Rail out of some reeds. There’s some semi-bad language (Which kinda makes it funny) so it can’t be directly posted here. But if it is re-uploaded somehow I’ll link it in my profile so it can be enjoyed by all. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...