Jump to content
Whatbird Community
MerMaeve

Whatbird's Young Birders!

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Nighthawk01 said:

What’s hot for you?

Well, for October it was about 85. And considering that it has been in the 60's lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized something. I took a break from Whatbird for a while, and I didn’t really think about birding as much, but now that I’ve become more active, I’ve found that I’ve only come to love birds more and more. I love this website!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a funny moment today. In a matter of ten minutes four different species of woodpecker landed on one perch. Almost as if they were taking turns. Now I want to make this perch a patch just to see what else I can get on it.

43329753720_78f8d0299a_c.jpgYellow-bellied Sapsucker by Patrick Felker, on Flickr

43329753650_9c543c26ae_c.jpgNorthern Flicker by Patrick Felker, on Flickr

44421975934_30cdab7d95_c.jpgRed-bellied Woodpecker by Patrick Felker, on Flickr

44421975804_32e167c19d_c.jpgDowny Woodpecker by Patrick Felker, on Flickr

Edited by patbirddude
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I've been so inactive on here lately.

We've had a whirlwind of things going on lately, including..........Drum roll please.............................our family grew by one!   My oldest sister got married this last Sat. (the 13th). It was a gorgeous wedding - I was a jr. Bridesmaid (I cried more than I am willing to admit......) - Yes, to answer your unasked question, I love her new husband. He is a great guy, they clearly love each other. He jokes around a lot too and he also teases me a lot but it is a loving teasing not meant to hurt. (like my brothers do sometimes 🙄)

A shot the photographer took of the bride and groom.

Image may contain: sky, tree, plant and outdoor

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MerMaeve said:

Sorry I've been so inactive on here lately.

We've had a whirlwind of things going on lately, including..........Drum roll please.............................our family grew by one!   My oldest sister got married this last Sat. (the 13th). It was a gorgeous wedding - I was a jr. Bridesmaid (I cried more than I am willing to admit......) - Yes, to answer your unasked question, I love her new husband. He is a great guy, they clearly love each other. He jokes around a lot too and he also teases me a lot but it is a loving teasing not meant to hurt. (like my brothers do sometimes 🙄)

A shot the photographer took of the bride and groom.

Image may contain: sky, tree, plant and outdoor

Congrats! That looks lovely 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an interesting morning:

I was photographing birds in my yard when a cop pulls up and asks me what I'm doing. I said I was Birdwatching, and she said someone called and said I was taking photographs of them (:classic_blink:). I was able to prove that I wasn't by showing her the Bird pictures on my camera. Nothing happened, but I've never been stopped by a cop before.

Edited by Sean C
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 4:59 PM, Sean C said:

I had an interesting morning:

I was photographing birds in my yard when a cop pulls up and asks me what I'm doing. I said I was Birdwatching, and she said someone called and said I was taking photographs of them (:classic_blink:). I was able to prove that I wasn't by showing her the Bird pictures on my camera. Nothing happened, but I've never been stopped by a cop before.

And you were in your yard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody else here play any instruments? I play piano and I'm currently working on the longest piece I've ever done by far:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 7:29 PM, Melierax said:

Does anybody else here play any instruments? I play piano and I'm currently working on the longest piece I've ever done by far:

No, I don't......I wish I could play piano but I don't want to take the time to learn it.  I can only play Hot Cross Buns.............🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 1:04 PM, MerMaeve said:

This is beautiful but so long! I applaud your patience!

Haha yeah! I'm like 3/4 of the way through it and I started at the beginning of the semester... I actually really love piano. Whenever I'm down I just go play piano and it makes me happy :classic_biggrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey y'all, how about we make this a bit more lively! Drew (crazed4birds) had a year bird competition before the crash, so maybe we could restart that! If everyone's on board, I'll ask every week for everyone's yearlists and post an updated leaderboard. (Btw if the older folks want to chime in, that would be great - I don't think we have enough young birders to make it work)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Melierax said:

Hey y'all, how about we make this a bit more lively! Drew (crazed4birds) had a year bird competition before the crash, so maybe we could restart that! If everyone's on board, I'll ask every week for everyone's yearlists and post an updated leaderboard. (Btw if the older folks want to chime in, that would be great - I don't think we have enough young birders to make it work)

I'm in!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MerMaeve said:

I'm in!

Alright! I'll probably do this every day at 12:45 pm MDT. Send me your updated yearlist anywhere before then and I'll add it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure it wasn't me who ran it (granted that was like a year ago so I might be tripping). Also, YB Discord has one that I kind of run, lowkey not an attempt to get yall on there : p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...