Whatbird Community

Whatbird's Young Birders!

MerMaeve

39 minutes ago, Birds are cool said:

Anybody know a reliable spot to find a black throated green warbler in Georgia or Saratoga county New York. Have been trying to find these warblers for 1 year now! Have heard them but I want to see them

Try using Ebird.org. There is a section where you can see where people are seeing certain species. Here’s a link. Just zoom in to the purple squares to see locations.
https://ebird.org/map/btnwar

On 7/9/2022 at 9:34 AM, SirVive said:

Today the baby was sleeping and I caught the 4 year old using her toy binoculars to inspect him a little closer - from about 18" away 😄

Could she identify what type of bird he is? 

• Haha 4

Just now, Peromyscus said:

It was down around 6 to 7 a.m. Eastern time this morning, but it did come back up later in the morning

Okay, I must have read the post wrong, I thought it was supposed to go down at 7 a.m. eastern, and come back about noon.

Just now, Charlie Spencer said:

Why do you think that?  There's nothing on their home page.  Maybe it was supposed to be down earlier, or they finished their work ahead of schedule.

There was a post on the eBird home page for maybe the last week or so.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Okay, I must have read the post wrong, I thought it was supposed to go down at 7 a.m. eastern, and come back about noon.

Or I could be remembering the times I accessed eBird wrong. Nevertheless, it was down for me early this morning, and up by noon maybe. I wasn't aware that it was supposed to be down.

IM BACK FOLKS

life updates:
my lifelist has grown to 339, I FINALLY got AMBI, PABU, PIPL, WIPL and SESA.
I now work at Wild Birds Unlimited here in Orlando! It's a great job (especially for a birder like me 😆)
I havent been on due to life being busy and I've largely moved to Discord as my main social media with friends, but I decided to come back here and see what's been going on. I still havent forgotten y'all!

Edited by Sean C
  • Like 7