He becomes Santa Claus.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

There are three stages in a man's life:

He believes in Santa Claus.

He does not believe in Santa Claus.

He becomes Santa Claus.

Guess I skipped the first one - I never believed in Santa and I've had white hairs and a beard since I was 18. 😄 The white still hasn't taken over yet though.  :classic_cool:   I do hope you quit believing in Santa before you reach 30 though Kevin.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, IKLland said:

Same here for songbirds…..shorebird migration is really picking up here right now.

I was able to see the start of shorebird migration in the Bay of Fundy when I was in New Brunswick, which was really cool, but unfortunately there are barely any places to see shorebirds here, even during migration.

21 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

I was able to see the start of shorebird migration in the Bay of Fundy when I was in New Brunswick, which was really cool, but unfortunately there are barely any places to see shorebirds here, even during migration.

Keep an eye on retention ponds at big stores or strip malls, and any ponds that have lowered water levels.  I picked up two lifer shorebirds at a pond near the house when it's been lowered a couple of time in the last three years, and two more within the last five at a retention pond at a hot spot.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

I have a new interest in chess! If anybody else on here is on chess.com, I can message my username.

I'd lose😳   Now online Risk ...

As my uncle used to say , "I'll win you a game of checkers" 😄

Edited by SirVive
  • Haha 3

On 8/7/2022 at 6:33 PM, Quiscalus quiscula said:

I have a new interest in chess! If anybody else on here is on chess.com, I can message my username.

Fyi, lichess is a nice and clean interface and is also entirely free. They have some good training resources too (e.g.).

Edited by PaulK
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, IKLland said:

Tomorrow I’ll hopefully be chasing a continuing Stilt Sandpiper!

Me and a dozen or more other birders were unsuccessful in finding it. If it’s seen again tomorrow I may try on Friday. 

• Sad 2

Is something wrong with eBird? It is taking FOREVER to do anything, it finally does it, but it takes a really long time, it was doing it earlier to.

I have made this entire post and it still has not loaded a page that it was trying to load when I started this post. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Is something wrong with eBird? It is taking FOREVER to do anything, it finally does it, but it takes a really long time, it was doing it earlier to.

I have made this entire post and it still has not loaded a page that it was trying to load when I started this post. 

6 minutes and it just now loaded.

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Just now, Kevin said:

6 minutes and it just now loaded.

I guess this explains it.

2022-08-20 18.36.09 ebird.org 8097680a51da.jpg

• Like 1