Whatbird Community

Whatbird's Young Birders!

MerMaeve

1 hour ago, IKLland said:

To go slightly off topic, I finally my main reviewer yesterday! 

I think you mean you met your reviewer? That's great! I have yet to meet mine, as there's only one for my county, but he seems quite good from communications I've had with him. I've also reported a lot of misidentified birds to him, which he appreciates.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

So, does reputation make a difference in whether or not a regional reviewer confirms an uncommon sighting? I don't feel bitter about this, but I am curious.

I think it does. Sometimes it seems that if the reviewer hasn't met in person or birded with an eBirder, the latter's sightings aren't confirmed.

• Like 3

We had the first sub-60F nights this weekend.  In our home, we refer to those first cool mornings as 'Puppy Weather'.  Squirrelbane the Unstoppable is even more obnoxious than usual, dragging us on her walks at an increased pace, bounding in the back door full of fresh air and attitude, running around the living room more maniacally than she has in months.  "C'mon, let do SOMETHING!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

That confused feeling of not knowing what a county illustrated checklist is.

Well, it's where the best photo and audio of each species is shown along side the bar charts. You'll see that there are a lot of needed audio and photos. Here's your county's, some of your photos made it on there as well-

https://ebird.org/region/US-SC-063/media?yr=all&m=

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Well, it's where the best photo and audio of each species is shown along side the bar charts. You'll see that there are a lot of needed audio and photos. Here's your county's, some of your photos made it on there as well-

https://ebird.org/region/US-SC-063/media?yr=all&m=

I wonder how these are selected.  I KNOW there must be better Eastern Meadowlark photos in this county than my mediocre one.  A couple of my others aren't very good either.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

That's weak, in my opinion.  I know at least one birder has better meadowlark shots than mine; I was with him when he took them!  They're link but apparently not being rated.

Yeah, somehow I'm up on Sumner County with a HORRIBLE shot of a Blue-headed Vireo. Lol

Edited by Seanbirds
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1