Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Whatbird's Young Birders!


Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Birding Boy said:

I just may upload more than 10 photos of this guy 😳

 

2 hours ago, Birds are cool said:

Insane! I would love to see the photos!

 

1 hour ago, MichaelLong said:

Friendly HESP 😳

Now I know nothing about that sparrow species but I’ll share in y’all’s excitement with an: Awesome!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've only seen these birds twice before - more often they like to sing hidden in the grass, where they seem like they're RIGHT in front of you, just hidden from sight. Very awesome to have several birds singing right from the edge of a nice trail through this small grassland plot. I'll try and have some pics uploaded tonight.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Birding Boy said:

Yeah, I've only seen these birds twice before - more often they like to sing hidden in the grass, where they seem like they're RIGHT in front of you, just hidden from sight. Very awesome to have several birds singing right from the edge of a nice trail through this small grassland plot. I'll try and have some pics uploaded tonight.

I can't wait to see them! I have probably checked your ebird profile 8 times to see if you had uploaded the photos yet!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not many people I know who can start with a cow standing looking at you and end up with this:

20230615_171741.thumb.jpg.90e7d7d8a479b171f61581c5adddda7f.jpg

The reason it looks rinkeled is because it is rapped in cheese cloth.

Totally done naturally with raw milk, no factory produced starter cultures, etc.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PaulK said:

That looks great! No rennet of any sort? 

True, I forgot about the rennet. Thinking about trying to get it the next calf I process, I've done enough large animals at this point it does seem near as daunting. Also I was reading about using fig leaves instead of rennet and we have a fig tree so...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Not many people I know who can start with a cow standing looking at you and end up with this:

20230615_171741.thumb.jpg.90e7d7d8a479b171f61581c5adddda7f.jpg

The reason it looks rinkeled is because it is rapped in cheese cloth.

Totally done naturally with raw milk, no factory produced starter cultures, etc.

Making my mouth water 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2023 at 10:14 AM, Kevin said:

True, I forgot about the rennet. Thinking about trying to get it the next calf I process, I've done enough large animals at this point it does seem near as daunting. Also I was reading about using fig leaves instead of rennet and we have a fig tree so...

Sweet! We (my father and I) tried making goat cheese a couple of time and the mozzeralla came out great, but we could never get the cheddar to work out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Birds are cool said:

Sweet! We (my father and I) tried making goat cheese a couple of time and the mozzeralla came out great, but we could never get the cheddar to work out.

Yes, mozzarella is a great starting cheese, it an easy process and dose not have to be aged.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...