Whatbird Community

Whatbird's Young Birders!

15 minutes ago, kansabirdguy said:

Is there a place that would be appropriate to share an eBird checklist that is not mine that I believe has a misidentified bird? I do have the option to report it available to me but would like a few more opinions as I don't really know ūüôā

DM it to me if you want 

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2024 at 9:36 AM, Connor Cochrane said:

I haven't committed yet (I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 more difficult schools) but in all likelihood I should be going to Notre Dame for c0llege next year. Moving to the midwest is going to be a big change...

Committed!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I've long thought you should be committed.  :classic_biggrin:

Nope, nope, nope. Not going there.

*reminds myself where I am, and where that door goes...bites tongue...argues with myself about how funny it would be vrs how unfunny it could be interpreted...bites tongue harder* 

Ouch!  I knew better, just thinking about opening that door hurts. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lonestranger said:

Nope, nope, nope. Not going there.

*reminds myself where I am, and where that door goes...bites tongue...argues with myself about how funny it would be vrs how unfunny it could be interpreted...bites tongue harder* 

Ouch!  I knew better, just thinking about opening that door hurts. 

Just for clarity, the humorous thoughts running through my mind had nothing to do with @Charlie Spencer being committed. Although I do admit to seeing the humour in that too.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Could someone please help me report this misidentified Brown-headed Cowbird?

For some reason I still don't have the option to do that, does anybody know how many checklists you have to submit for that?

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/617278484

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/617278484

!00 complete checklists in the last year.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Came out this morning to find my 3 kids all lined up on the couch watching the feeder. The youngest saying, "Bird, bird"- one of his few words, and the 6 year old with a pen and pad busy making a checklist. Looks like I need to do some educating on correct species ID but hey, they're hooked¬†ūüėĄ

20240602_081708.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, SirVive said:

Came out this morning to find my 3 kids all lined up on the couch watching the feeder. The youngest saying, "Bird, bird"- one of his few words, and the 6 year old with a pen and pad busy making a checklist. Looks like I need to do some educating on correct species ID but hey, they're hooked¬†ūüėĄ

20240602_081708.jpg

I think 'Hazelnut-capped Chickadee' is a BCCH x CBCH hybrid¬†ūü§£¬† I have no idea what an 'Orange Belly Warbler' is unless its a Red-breasted Nuthatch, was thinking American Robin but she later added '1 Robyn' to the list (proper spelling of one of her friends)

• Haha 3

Just wanted to share these two eagles coloured by my young birders. The five year old surprised me with the yellow beak, and if you look closely it's wearing a brown bowtie (but she forgot to draw the crown). The one from the two year old is very colourful.

PXL_20240610_141206316.thumb.jpg.db3a320c851ade9cafc001349c1a9da1.jpg

PXL_20240610_141213738.thumb.jpg.7fcf0d4c1e8a0871cb392eb4c3484455.jpg

Edited by PaulK
  • Like 5