Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Find The Bird


Recommended Posts



22 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

Herpitles are a general grouping of all Reptiles and Amphibians. Called “Herps” for short. The study of reptiles and amphibians is called Herpetology.

Also the hobby of actively going out to look for / photograph / record them is called “herping”, and people who do so are called “herpers”.

Had to look it up after I saw it on your profile! Cool that you have different interests.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Birding Boy said:



On 4/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, Tony Leukering said:

By English rules, Killdeers would be correct. However, just like “titmice,” we have established an incorrect construction as the accepted plural (because the plural of “deer” is “deer). That is, the plural of “titmouse” should be “titmouses.”


  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...