Whatbird Community

Bird Drawing Contest!

1 hour ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

What do you mean by the first part?

Yes, I do draw. I posted two things in the Art thread, only got into it recently because I didn't even know these threads existed.

Oops, misunderstood ya. Well, I think there are more aspects to why people are in such bad shape in the Western world outside of diet and lack of exercise and sleep. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I’m just enjoying it while it lasts. For now I can eat unhealthy without gaining a ounce of fat so why not?

Yes yes enjoy it while you can. I use to be this way also. But, that changed at about 40.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PalmWarbler said:

I want to participate but I don't have my own photos of a Greater Prairie-Chicken, so is it okay if I use someone else's photo as a reference?

Good question. I don't have photos of my own either. In such situations I usually look at a variety of photos. It's not like the finished product bears that much resemblance to any one photo. I don't see a problem, but I could be wrong. @The Bird Nuts ?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, HamRHead said:

Good question. I don't have photos of my own either. In such situations I usually look at a variety of photos. It's not like the finished product bears that much resemblance to any one photo. I don't see a problem, but I could be wrong. @The Bird Nuts ?

Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem, especially if you make changes to it so it doesn't resemble any one photo.  It's not like you're selling it or promoting other work you're selling with it.

I stick to using my own photos because 1) I often copy photos as accurately as I can, 2) I like to be able to say that the entire work is mine, and 3) I sell my art.

• Like 3