Whatbird Community

Bird Drawing Contest!

1 minute ago, Tanager 101 said:

Yeah I paint too. I spent like 48 hours on one of my paintings. I still just can't get my birds even close to as amazing as you do. I am just amazed (?and maybe slightly jealous) at how amazing those are!

Wow, I haven't even spent that long on a painting.  The longest I've gone was about 40 hours (it was a 16x20 dog portrait) and that's because I was constantly changing things.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm efficient or just impatient. haha!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tanager 101 said:

Yeah I paint too. I spent like 48 hours on one of my paintings. I still just can't get my birds even close to as amazing as you do. I am just amazed (?and maybe slightly jealous) at how amazing those are!

Keep at it!  You are already a fantastic painter.  Learn to focus only on the patterns, values, and colors in your reference photos.  I've been painting for 14 years, but last year I think I improved more than in the previous nine years because I told myself I was going to pay more attention to those things.  And I started a mixed media sketchbook and practiced much more often.  I absolutely love these > https://www.cheapjoes.com/canson-artists-series-mixed-media-pads.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1