Whatbird Community

Bird Drawing Contest!

6 minutes ago, Tanager 101 said:

Yeah totally working on mine................Yeah probably sitting out on this one. I prefer the northeastern Michigan species.

They aren't exactly found here, either, although there is one NYSARC report on eBird for my county. I kind of want to draw all the birds that have a North American range, though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Quiscalus quiscula said:

They aren't exactly found here, either, although there is one NYSARC report on eBird for my county. I kind of want to draw all the birds that have a North American range, though. 

They are rarely found in my state. I just prefer to do birds I can actually see here especially since I don't have endless amounts of time to be painting. I wanna do some eastern warblers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanager 101 said:

They are rarely found in my state. I just prefer to do birds I can actually see here especially since I don't have endless amounts of time to be painting. I wanna do some eastern warblers.

Sorry! I just thought the Painted Bunting was a nice colorful fellow, they're not in my state either.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snarkhunter said:

Sorry! I just thought the Painted Bunting was a nice colorful fellow, they're not in my state either.

Oh no! No need to apologize! 😂I guess I'm over-stubborn. Pick whatever you want! You won! They are nice pretty birds. It would be nice if they were more widespread though.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Nothing went right today...I drew this three times and I still don't like it, I smudged the marker, I dropped a marker on the drawing and had to cover up the mess with designs. 😂

sketchpabu.thumb.jpg.0a40348ce1ce6be70af75c695c53f76f.jpg

that’s awesome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Nothing went right today...I drew this three times and I still don't like it, I smudged the marker, I dropped a marker on the drawing and had to cover up the mess with designs. 😂

sketchpabu.thumb.jpg.0a40348ce1ce6be70af75c695c53f76f.jpg

I know that feeling... Good job!

• Like 2