Whatbird Community

Bird Drawing Contest!

1 hour ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Nothing went right today...I drew this three times and I still don't like it, I smudged the marker, I dropped a marker on the drawing and had to cover up the mess with designs. ?

sketchpabu.thumb.jpg.0a40348ce1ce6be70af75c695c53f76f.jpg

Congrats! You're the winner!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Snarkhunter said:

I know that feeling... Good job!

33 minutes ago, Snarkhunter said:

Congrats! You're the winner!

Thanks!  At least I tried and had a little bit of fun. :)

The next bird to draw is Magnolia Warbler!  Deadline is March 20th at 6 PM Eastern.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Seanbirds said:

I hope I’m not the only entry… 

AD315B56-4D0A-42E4-B5DA-1EAE111565C0.thumb.jpeg.1524e0881ed8f00be46413aa6f131e45.jpeg

WOW!!!!! Amazing job! Haha I'll enter this one! Finally a warbler! I will probably make a new one but if not I have a photo from like 2 or 3 years ago of one I could use.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@The Bird Nutsyou can end the contest now, thanks for the extention (unless someone else plans to enter) ?I like the backround in this one and the branches better then the actual bird. This is a bit of acrylic underpainting with water mixable oils on top again. Took like 7-9 hours. 1 foot x 1 foot canvas

IMG_0218.JPG

• Like 13

here are some progress photos. I originally was going to have some leaves (which you can maybe see in the sketch) First one was most of the acrylic underpainting. Second one was after the back round and branch were done. Third is the finished one.

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

• Like 10

Just now, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Well, I was going to enter, but um, now that I've seen yet another stunning entry perhaps not.

Yours are really good too! Besides the only way to get better is to practice more! I'd love to see yours!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tanager 101 said:

@The Bird Nutsyou can end the contest now, thanks for the extention (unless someone else plans to enter) ?I like the backround in this one and the branches better then the actual bird. This is a bit of acrylic underpainting with water mixable oils on top again. Took like 7-9 hours. 1 foot x 1 foot canvas

IMG_0218.JPG

Excellent!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1