Whatbird Community

A bird's eye view of the forum from an amateur

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate this website and forum , and how wonderful it is to find such a nice, neutral, friendly, and informative online oasis of knowledge and experience (increasingly rare in this day and age with any topic of interest it seems to me). 

This place appears to me as being a truly lovely medley of amateurs and experts (and everyone in between) engaged in a symbiotic quest towards mutual understanding and respect for knowledge about birds. 

I hope that everyone who reads this has an amazing day, and to those who have helped out along the way with my fledgling birding quest thus far, a special thank you to each of you for helping me get out of the gates with my e-bird life list (almost to 100 at this point and it's only been about 6 months ? ). 

Cheers to you all and can't wait to have something new to post here again!

Caley

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

Yeah! People like @Charlie Spencer and @The Bird Nuts really gave me a boost when I first started birding. Now I can help others in the same way. :classic_smile:

A large percentage of what I now know about bird ID I learned from others on this forum.  I've been here since May 2016 and, sadly, a lot of the people who helped us so much back then are no longer active.  But I'm glad to see more very knowledgeable birders joining and beginner birders trying to learn as much as they can so they can help others.  You all are keeping this bird forum the best there is!

• Like 2

Welcome to WhatBird @Caley Thomas! And thanks for your kind words. WhatBird was my first birding buddies when I started noticing birds after getting cataract surgery and being able to see well without correction for the first time in my life. I didn't know anyone else locally who birded and my sister led me here. I got such a warm welcome and patient help even though I was struggling to ID House Sparrows and such! So I'll add my thanks to the WhatBird community.

• Like 3