Whatbird Community

Your Best or Favorite Photo of a Bird Species.

Kevin

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

It's perfectly all right, we are starting to run out of the really common birds, and I am going to have to start doing more uncommon ones. 

My suggestion is once we run out of really common birds is to repeat the ones we’ve done, as I’m sure a lot of us have gotten better photos since.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, IKLland said:

My suggestion is once we run out of really common birds is to repeat the ones we’ve done, as I’m sure a lot of us have gotten better photos since.

I think we should stick with moving in the direction of more uncommon species. In reality we still have only done 70 or so birds, and there are a ton of more common ones left to do. Even when we run out, it's not always necessary to contribute each week, and it would be interesting to have some more uncommon birds posted here.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I think we should stick with moving in the direction of more uncommon species. In reality we still have only done 70 or so birds, and there are a ton of more common ones left to do. Even when we run out, it's not always necessary to contribute each week, and it would be interesting to have some more uncommon birds posted here.

Yeah, your right. 

• Like 2

I think we all need to realize that not all birds live in our part of the continent, nor do we all have photos of all the birds that do live in our part of the continent. For simple geographic reasons, we can't all participate all the time. There is no reason anyone should feel guilty or left out because of the weekly selection. You can't please all the people all the time... 

• Like 6

They’re quite common at my cabin (white-winged are more regular here), but I rarely get to see them close enough to even bother trying to get a photo.
They’re really friendly though, I took this one in 2016 and was probably about 3 feet away. This day was actually the first time I woke up at sunrise and actually went birding around my cabin. Though I still wasn’t familiar with the world of birding yet so I didn’t keep an official list, but it was a good day. 
Oh the memories……

2400?__hstc=264660688.6907634b03ebf2d314

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Aidan B said:

All my Crossbill photos are poor in-flight photos. I hear them somewhat irregularly when I'm birding in the mountains, but I always struggle to get a visual. 

2400?__hstc=264660688.eb57585fb1d59f6cca

While I haven't seen all that many the ones I have seen were in one of two places. They were either high (the top) of pine trees or at water on the ground.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aaron said:

They’re quite common at my cabin (white-winged are more regular here), but I rarely get to see them close enough to even bother trying to get a photo.
They’re really friendly though, I took this one in 2016 and was probably about 3 feet away. This day was actually the first time I woke up at sunrise and actually went birding around my cabin. Though I still wasn’t familiar with the world of birding yet so I didn’t keep an official list, but it was a good day. 
Oh the memories……

2400?__hstc=264660688.6907634b03ebf2d314

WHERE IS YOUR CABIN!!!!!?!?!?!?!????? *You may be having some visitors*

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Aidan B said:

All my Crossbill photos are poor in-flight photos. I hear them somewhat irregularly when I'm birding in the mountains, but I always struggle to get a visual. 

But the important thing is to record them and identify the call type!  Or get it identified, in my case.

• Like 5

• Kevin changed the title to Your Best or Favorite Photo of a Bird Species.