Whatbird Community

Your best photo of a bird species.

Kevin

I just compiled a list for this topic. It's the most commonly e-birded birds in the US ranked from most common to rarest, with species we've done overlaid in green. 

Some interesting statistics:

Our least reported bird that we've done for this topic is American Bittern (352), barley beating out Olive-sided Flycatcher (332). The most common bird we haven't done is Northern Cardinal (2).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zm2umE6cYi9UnCkfdfkHo-JfKSaVErcu0rZvqEwnaQ0/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I just compiled a list for this topic. It's the most commonly e-birded birds in the US ranked from most common to rarest, with species we've done overlaid in green. 

Some interesting statistics:

Our least reported bird that we've done for this topic is American Bittern (352), barley beating out Olive-sided Flycatcher (332). The most common bird we haven't done is Northern Cardinal (2).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zm2umE6cYi9UnCkfdfkHo-JfKSaVErcu0rZvqEwnaQ0/edit?usp=sharing

Did you have to make a new account with zero birds to get this from the ebird.org/targets page? That's the only place I've seen where it reports percentages. I've clicked around a bunch and not found a way to do this in general.

Edited by neilpa
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, neilpa said:

Did you have to make a new account with zero birds to get this from the ebird.org/targets page? That's the only place I've seen where it reports percentages. I've clicked around a bunch and not found a way to do this in general.

I have an old account that doesn't have any observations on it that I used to get the percentages. I haven't found another way to do it either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PalmWarbler said:

That's bigger than my life list 😂

Ha ha ha ha, you just made me realize I need to fix that....it's 167 now 😃  Had a Prairie Warbler and Bullock's Oriole last week, and a couple of fly-overs, White-faced Ibis and Yellow-crowned Night-Heron 😃  I had a Common Loon fly-over a couple of years ago. No telling how many fly-overs I've missed, though 🤔

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Michelle Summers said:

Ha ha ha ha, you just made me realize I need to fix that....it's 167 now 😃  Had a Prairie Warbler and Bullock's Oriole last week, and a couple of fly-overs, White-faced Ibis and Yellow-crowned Night-Heron 😃  I had a Common Loon fly-over a couple of years ago. No telling how many fly-overs I've missed, though 🤔

Awesome. I wish my life list was that big 😭😂

• Like 2