Whatbird Community

24 Apr 2017 Baldwin co AL seasonal freshwater pond

Hi, All.  Can someone ID these birds?  Can you share how to go about it when one is observing them from the front with no size reference and the birds are in non-breeding plumage?  

Thanks in advance!

2057773030_IMG_7892(2)-Copy.thumb.JPG.5c8d056f7851d0375077a1cb6b7191f8.JPG

Edited by floraphile
correction
48 minutes ago, AlexHenry said:

Stilt Sandpiper

Stilt Sand is a member of Calidris, so sports pale fringes on the upperparts, not pale dots. These are demonstrably in the genus Tringa. They're not dark enough for Solly Sand. I'd guess Greaters on the right two and, POSSIBLY, Lesser on the left bird -- and that just from the seeming size difference (which may be unreliable).

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Tony Leukering said:

Stilt Sand is a member of Calidris, so sports pale fringes on the upperparts, not pale dots. These are demonstrably in the genus Tringa. They're not dark enough for Solly Sand. I'd guess Greaters on the right two and, POSSIBLY, Lesser on the left bird -- and that just from the seeming size difference (which may be unreliable).

How should I ebird them?  Greater/Lesser?  Currently I have them as "shorebird sp."

Edited by floraphile
correction