Whatbird Community

?Thrasher sp.

This is actually a myiarchus flycatcher. I'm not sure if we can get an exact ID with this photo, but I think it's Ash-throated. Note the rufous tail and on the wings, the two wing bars, the elongated shape of the body, the darker are on the top go the head, and the barely visible yellowish wash on the stomach.

Edited by Connor Cochrane
spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Connor Cochrane said:

This is actually a myiarchus flycatcher. I'm not sure if we can get an exact ID with this photo, but I think it's Ash-throated. Note the rufous tail and on the wings, the two wing bars, the elongated shape of the body, the darker are on the top go the head, and the barely visible yellowish wash on the stomach.

Yes!   I just found the ID from an earlier post.  My apologies for repeat posting.  

1 minute ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Was it confirmed as an Ash-throated? I'm guessing location and date could rule out Brown-crested.

I can't say for certain if it was confirmed, but I think it likely b/c I had put the photos in their own Ash-throated Flycatcher folder, and don't do that until I have a firm confirmation.  I didn't tag the photos as who confirmed it, though.