Whatbird Community

Today, Augusta, GA. Blue-winged Teal on the right, Wood Duck in the center (largely obscured), what is the big brown duck on the left?

Duck Help 9-14-18.JPG

This may be a stretch, but a female Cinnamon Teal? The face looks more "plain," the eyeline is less defined, and the duck seems warmer in color overall.

2 hours ago, redcoot said:

This may be a stretch, but a female Cinnamon Teal? The face looks more "plain," the eyeline is less defined, and the duck seems warmer in color overall.

Thanks, redcoot. This is the second time a Cinnamon has been suggested for a bird photo from this location. Cinnamon would be rare but not impossible. Without better photos, I may have to resort to DNA testing. If I snag a feather is there somewhere I can send it? Or is there an app for that? :classic_wink:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Anhinga-cestry.com

23andChickadee.com

Awesome! This could also come in handy with a mallard I have been wondering about. I suspect some Egyptian goose ancestry, and maybe a little Northern Gannet. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1