• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really tough choice, but I love this one, plus it’s a twofer  

I think this is probably Mine

If I thought about my best or favorite photo for much more than a few seconds having to choose would be difficult.  But as soon as I thought about it this photo was the first photo that popped into my

Posted Images

Impossible to choose, but this is my favorite bird on the planet (not just species, but individual bird), and this is one of my favorite shots of her. Her name is Heloise, and she is a Barred Owl. She and Hootie have used the nest box I built for them, the last 3 years, producing 2 healthly hootlets each year. She is getting ready to start laying her eggs this year, and I finally got a camera inside the nest box this year, and am super excited about it!  This picture was taken 7/6/2020, behind my house.

Heloise07062020.jpg

• Like 14
On 2/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, Michelle Summers said:

Impossible to choose, but this is my favorite bird on the planet (not just species, but individual bird), and this is one of my favorite shots of her. Her name is Heloise, and she is a Barred Owl. She and Hootie have used the nest box I built for them, the last 3 years, producing 2 healthly hootlets each year. She is getting ready to start laying her eggs this year, and I finally got a camera inside the nest box this year, and am super excited about it!  This picture was taken 7/6/2020, behind my house.

Heloise07062020.jpg

Nice shot of Heloise! And welcome back. I enjoy your work. 

• Like 1

A very difficult choice with years of bird photos but this is definitely one of my all favorites. This case the bird made it easy to get a great photo. Before you ask that yellowish bulge is it's crop. Crested Caracara

081 (8).JPG

• Like 10

If I thought about my best or favorite photo for much more than a few seconds having to choose would be difficult.  But as soon as I thought about it this photo was the first photo that popped into my head.  It's a Mangrove Swallow, the photo was taken while on a river tour of the Frio River in the northern part of Costa Rica.  It was taken last year in January, a few months before the pandemic kicked in.  

Mangrove Swallow

• Like 16
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 1:17 PM, Avery said:

That photo is back up to number 1, but this photo is probably my favorite photo I’ve ever taken. This might have been my first CSWA, and I was sitting in a hammock on the top of the hill behind my house. My sister and I were listening to warbler songs on my phone. I showed her the picture of the CSWA, then played the song a few times. I had my old pocket sized Nikon next to me. I’m looking up at the sky, and my sister goes “Avery, there’s one right there!” I look over at the dying apple tree literally at the end of the hammock, and this guy is sitting right there, maybe 5 feet from me. This was my first “good” photo!

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/306042221#_ga=2.123469387.1517707771.1615893846-362103245.1592329863

21203171-1A7B-4242-BB67-C35B9DECB3D1.jpeg

• Like 7