• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really tough choice, but I love this one, plus it’s a twofer  

I think this is probably Mine

If I thought about my best or favorite photo for much more than a few seconds having to choose would be difficult.  But as soon as I thought about it this photo was the first photo that popped into my

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IKLland said:

Here's a tip for shooting birds on the ground. The closer to the ground you can get the camera, the better the photo usually is. Even crouching down a bit can give you a better angle on the bird than standing straight up, but getting down to ground(bird) level usually makes for the best shots. That's not always practical depending on the circumstances, but when time and location are cooperative, getting down and dirty can provide for some great shots. https://www.maxwaugh.com/2016/10/19/getting-down-and-dirty-photographing-wildlife-from-low-angles/

Nice shot BTW.

Edited by lonestranger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

Here's a tip for shooting birds on the ground. The closer to the ground you can get the camera, the better the photo usually is. Even crouching down a bit can give you a better angle on the bird than standing straight up, but getting down to ground(bird) level usually makes for the best shots. That's not always practical depending on the circumstances, but when time and location are cooperative, getting down and dirty can provide for some great shots. https://www.maxwaugh.com/2016/10/19/getting-down-and-dirty-photographing-wildlife-from-low-angles/

Nice shot BTW.

Funny you mention that.  My pants were covered in mud after I took this shot yesterday.

• Like 14
On 4/3/2021 at 11:31 AM, The Bird Nuts said:

Funny you mention that.  My pants were covered in mud after I took this shot yesterday.

But I can see it was well worth it!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

10-15 feet

Wow! Cool you got so close to one, the closest I’ve been to one is 300 feet, and I’ve only ever seen 4.

• 2 weeks later...