Whatbird Community

Dunlin behind the Semipalms?

Caswell Beach, southeastern NC, New Year's Day.  Is that a Dunlin behind the Semipalmated Plovers?

They arrived as a tight flock of 60 or so, wandered around the shore for several minutes, staying several feet above the wave line, never straying far from each other, and then left as a group.  I didn't notice the oddball until I checked the photos.

Thanks!

image.png.65f800f55c1fb12c25306eb47c95c4ab.png

4 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

How ... quaint!  :classic_biggrin:  (We're laughing with you, not at you.  Really.)

My handwriting is atrocious, and I find a phone easier to handle than a clipboard and writing implement.

The most difficult part is finding the locations and estimating the distances I walked in Google Maps.  I have a good memory of places, though.

1 hour ago, The Bird Nuts said:

The most difficult part is finding the locations and estimating the distances I walked in Google Maps.  I have a good memory of places, though.

Is there a measuring tool on Google maps? Google Earth works well and has a great measuring tool.

1 hour ago, The Bird Nuts said:

My phone?  What phone? 😆 That money went towards camera equipment, but I'm sure I'll get one one day.  I do have an old Garmin GPS, but it's painfully slow, so I don't use it often.

My Darling Bride just had me get her first phone.  If it wasn't for work paying for mine, I might not have one either.

• Like 1