Whatbird Community

What Birds are these? Part 3

These were all taken in Lake County with my new $1,500 camera. I don't know the dates which all of them are taken though. Thanks! ? 

1. This one was acting like a woodpecker so I was wondering if my chance it is one? Reminds me of a Starling, but it was climbing up this tree like a woodpecker would. 

IMG_2838.thumb.JPG.e6723d6adeba5f0060bfebbe4aaa2a69.JPG

2. Ok, Is this a Female House Finch, Or something else. It was eating with the other House finches so I think it is one of them, but what is with the large beak?

IMG_2853.thumb.JPG.df685daebb50281adc9eeda101e9d5ae.JPG

3. This one was taken yesterday. I am pretty sure all of the Gulls are Ring - Billed Gulls. But I am not sure for sure.  

IMG_2971.thumb.JPG.58f760c542dbeb2e3d79211655a5788a.JPG

4. Another Gull. Another Ring - Billed?

IMG_2974.thumb.JPG.781ddec712460f2848867c20ce9d140a.JPG

5. Another Gull. I am pretty sure this is also a Ring-Billed

IMG_2977.thumb.JPG.1a27d29ce1f6d0e9b0fdf6a7aaa482cd.JPG

Thanks so much for all of your help ? 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

#1 - Sapsucker?  I'd go with 'Woodpecker sp.'

Sapsuckers have  large white patches on their wings. The only woodpecker this seems reasonable for is Lewis's Woodpecker, but I think this is better left unidentified- I'm far from certain that this even is a woodpecker.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Birding Boy said:

1: Above my pay-grade. I pass. 
2: Yes, House Finches. 
3-5 Yup, Ring-billed Gulls! 

Agreed

40 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

#1 - Sapsucker?  I'd go with 'Woodpecker sp.'

Yeah

@Candydez12nice shots of the gulls. Lake county, where? There are many lake county’s 

From Previous posts I know It's the Lake county in California. 

I'm having a hard time fitting the woodpeckers found there to this photo. Nuttall's and Downy can be ruled out, and Red-breasted Sapsucker has noticeable white on the back. It's also not a Northern Flicker, which leaves either Acorn or Lewis's Woodpecker. Or it could be a Starling, which is what I feel this is.

Edited by Aidan B

6 hours ago, Birding Boy said:

Where is lake county? What do you get there Woodpecker wise? I’m pretty sure it’s a Woodpecker with that black and white plumage and horizontal position. I feel like there is not enough white on the back for a Downy, but I’m not sure if there are any other options.

Acorn Woodpeckers, Red Breasted Sapsuckers, Maybe Nuttail's Woodpecker. Lewis is also around the area but never saw one before. @Birding Boy