Whatbird Community

I travel the world.  Now, with all this pandemic stuff My wife and I live in Baja Sur and Oregon and ? Thanks for the compliments, we love birding and I have published 2 coffee table books about the birds of Baja Ca.  Fun stuff to share. About the books... My first wife and birding partner died of cancer and I donate the processed from book sales to MD Anderson University of Texas in gratitude.

45 minutes ago, IKLland said:

How did you catch the hummer beak?

By shooting in burst mode, taking 5 to 6 shots per second. I set the shutter speed a 1/4000, and the rest is up to the bird and just pure dumb luck!! 🙂

13 minutes ago, lonesome55dove said:

f3E16tpVRifnNMPI2pF0xi53YVYkfnZcLpEN-Z5S

I finally heard a bald Eagle doing it’s call! There was a family of five, 2 first years, a third/fourth, and two adults, that were chasing each other and some ravens and one of the adults was doing that call! Awesome photo!

3 minutes ago, Avery said:

I finally heard a bald Eagle doing it’s call! There was a family of five, 2 first years, a third/fourth, and two adults, that were chasing each other and some ravens and one of the adults was doing that call! Awesome photo!

Thank you! He was being harassed by a couple of Ravens but I couldn't get them in the photo with the Eagle. 🙂

• Like 1