Whatbird Community

Just now, Victor D said:

I don't think so.. According to https://www.birdatlas.bc.ca/ we also have Mountain and Boreal in this area

Chestnut-backed, Black-capped, Mountain and Boreal are the chickadees in your area. @Aaron mentioned that he seen almost all chickadees, except for Chestnut-backed and Mexican, so I was wondering if he's seen the rarest of them all.

Was unaware there even was a gray-headed.... 🤔 Guess I haven’t almost seen all chickadees then ha! Guess I gotta go to Finland 

I’ve found mountain chickadees are far more common in my area in BC than any others

2 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Or North Alaska

That seems more realistic. Maybe one day.... 

Checked the records for Canada and there’s only two in the Yukon, from 1989 and 1864! 

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

That seems more realistic. 

Not really... Gray-headed Chickadee is like, impossibly difficult to find in the ABA area, only in super remote parts of the Brooks Range in Northern Alaska.

• Like 1

@Victor DI've heard a couple of them this week in Strathcona in Vancouver but haven't seen one yet this year. Last year they were around pretty consistently once they arrived for a couple of months. If I see them settle somewhere I'll let you know.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, PaulK said:

@Victor DI've heard a couple of them this week in Strathcona in Vancouver but haven't seen one yet this year. Last year they were around pretty consistently once they arrived for a couple of months. If I see them settle somewhere I'll let you know.

Would it be easier to photograph the Black-Capped and photoshop it into Chestnut??? 😈 Ha!