Whatbird Community

Milestones

5 hours ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Nobody's going to Albany? Knew it, Long Island and the city gets all the birders. There are a TON of Pileated Woodpeckers up here though...

I definitely have considered the idea of renting a car and going off birding in New England or upstate New York for a couple days afterwards. Gotta watch out for the toll roads, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IKLland said:

I will be near Albany first, but that’s strictly for family. I’ll be lucky if I get any birding in when I’m near there. 

If you have a chance, check out Albany Pine Bush! It is a great place to get all sorts of birds including Prairie Warbler and others! https://albanypinebush.org/

I'm right around that area.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

No ?

Thanks! It's better in real life, I promise.

I’ll second not only the great photo but the nature of PROWs. I’m almost tempted to not even call them warblers due to how friendly they are!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Avery said:

I’ll second not only the great photo but the nature of PROWs. I’m almost tempted to not even call them warblers due to how friendly they are!

There was one when I was at South Padre Island this year that hopped around in a foot tall bush in the middle of crowds and even landed on some people.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hoping to hit 320 on the life list by the end of the year. I know that's a little ambitious, but fall migration combined with trips to Utah and later Quivira NWR should give me at least a couple. And then there's probably some winter targets I could get before January...

• Like 4